The Place To Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Place To Chat

This is just a place to hang out and talk about the stuff that you want!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

These Are The Plains

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scrambo
Admin
Admin
Scrambo

Male
Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : I like to skateboard
Humor : I'm funny
Registration date : 2008-03-03

These Are The Plains Empty
PostSubject: These Are The Plains   These Are The Plains Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:56 pm

This is something that i wrote for science

PLAINS

Plains are almost anywhere there is land. They always seem to be devoid of life. But if you look close enough you might be able to see that the plains are not as barren as they might seem. There is life even if you may not know it. Grass is the ultimate survivor.

When you look at the huge open spaces of the plains you might think that nothing can possibly live there because there is nothing there. But even as you might be thinking that you would be looking at a thriving community of living things. Grass can survive almost anywhere on Earth. It has special adaption that let it survive. For example, grass grows from the very bottom of its stem. That way if anything happens to the top it will continue to grow. It is also very resilient. It gets trodden on it ill almost immediately spring back up.

Animals also have special adaptions that help them to survive. For example, the eagles that live on the plains. Since there are no trees they must nest on the ground. They have stronger wings because of that. There is also the gazelle after as much as 5 minutes after they are born they are ready to run from any predators. Since the climate is always hot they all must rest frequently to not overheat. There are no mountains near the plains because it feels like you can see forever.
Back to top Go down
https://tptc.aforumfree.com

These Are The Plains
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Place To Chat :: Other :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: